Calgarians have two voting options; in person on Vote Day on November 13, and a mail-in ballot if you are not able to vote on Vote Day.
Voting Day is TODAY - Tues, Nov 13, 2018
Voting stations are open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
You will need to visit the specific polling station assigned to you, based on your home address.
You can also dial 311 on your mobile phone or landline and request polling station info.
Having trouble? If you have any trouble accessing the polling station look-up on the City's website, you can find your polling station using this PDF guide:
IMPORTANT NOTE: Many Calgarians will go to a different polling station than in previous elections. Please double-check before heading out.
You must bring ID to your designated polling station
In order to vote, you must bring one of the following forms of authorized identification that establishes both your name and current address. Picture ID is not required.
There are many ID options available, including these:
- Driver's license
- Alberta Identification Card
- Government cheque or cheque stub (e.g. employment insurance, old-age security, social assistance, disability support or child tax benefit)
- School, college, or university documents, or correspondence issued by a school, college or university
- Property tax assessment
- Bank/credit card statement or personal cheque
- Utility bill (water/sewer, electricity, cable, gas, telephone)
- Insurance policy or coverage card
- Pension Plan statement of benefits, contributions or participation
- And a number of other options listed here...
Request a Mail-in Ballot
If you are unable to vote during the Advance Vote or Vote Day you can request a mail-in ballot.
If you are unable to submit your request online, applications for a mail-in ballot can also be made by:
- calling 403-476-4100;
- faxing 403-476-4101;
- in-person at the Elections & Census Office, 1103 55 Ave NE, Calgary. Please note: In-person pickups will require an application to be completed and processed. To save time, we recommend completing the application online and requesting the package to be held for pick up.
Requests for mail-in ballots must be received by noon on November 13, 2018.
Completed mail-in ballot packages must be received by the Elections & Census Office no later than 4 p.m. on Vote Day (November 13, 2018).
Frequently Asked Questions
Who Can Vote?
If you are over the age of 18, are a Canadian citizen, have resided in Alberta since May 13, 2018, and are a resident of the City of Calgary. Learn more here.
What do I need to bring with me to vote?
To vote you must bring an authorized piece of identification including an Alberta Operator’s (Driver’s) Licence; or Alberta Identification Card; or Government issued documents. Learn more here.
The question on the ballot will be:
Are you for or are you against Calgary hosting the 2026 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games?
__ I am for Calgary hosting
__ I am against Calgary hosting